Blue Sky staff appreciate our community partners for making the world more inclusive, diverse and hopeful for people of all abilities.
Because of their support through volunteering opportunities, business tours, special presentations, job shadowing and integrated employment, our consumers are aware that they have a caring network beyond parents, guardians or staff members in the place that they live.
Job seekers put these skills to practical use by volunteering in the community before gaining employment. A Blue Sky Job Coach is there to give feedback and reinforcement as our job seeker performs tasks in an environment similar to a job site.
Once employed we provide on-the-job supports and job coaching to help the employee meet the expectations of the employer, adapting our coaching when appropriate.
- Country Mart
- Lemonade House Grille
- City of Cape Girardeau
- Deal Finder
- Love Rocks
- Cape Girardeau Regional Library
- Cape Girardeau Senior Center
- Cape Girardeau Conservation Center
- Bertrand Nursing and Rehab Center
- Oaks Senior Citizen Nutrition Program
- Jackson Senior Center
- St. Mary’s Food Pantry
- Habitat for Humanity
- STA Café
- Hope Children’s Home
- Catholic Charities
- Sikeston PAWS
Benefits to the Employer
- Services are at no cost to the employer
- Supports tailored to the specific job
- Ongoing job coaching as needed
- Positive impact on employees and community
- Customers prefer doing business with companies that are diverse and inclusive